Thursday, July 25, 2013

A gastronomic retrospective I

In response to many requests (well, one mild enquiry) we include some of the food that Cathy and Anne ate on their way around Europe. The paella here, of course, we found in London.

Dinner at the Prince of Wales Pub, Putney.

Breakfast at Bill's, Putney High Street
 

This, of course, is something completely different.
Cathy might appear to be legless but she hadn't drunk a thing!

Hampton Court Palace ice cream

Anne making an impression on Hungarian coffee drinkers

Various Hungarian foods
 
 
 

The obligatory morning coffee ....
 

... and beer. Although this may have been morning tea.

Flat Hungarian biscuits

Asparagus (or are they chips?)

We didn't eat here, but the name was evocative.

Q. Why are Austrians fat?
 

Luckily we left soon after this offering on Katnerstarsse.

A final Viennese coffee


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. How COULD you escape fois gras in Hungary? Or Schwarzwaldstorte in Vienna? I only ask...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity that Pierre and Paul did not eat. They must have lost lots of weight.

    Speaking of wait, Thursday is waitlist day. Good luck! I hope you get into first class.

    I couldn't tell whether the dish with the red sauce was pudding or main course.

    When we go to Austria, I will double my Lipitor intake. (I will also double my Sound of Music intake.

    Cathy, there's that hat again, it really is a triumph of creative millinery AND it keeps the sun off!

    ReplyDelete