Friday, July 4, 2014

Last Days in Pujuat

A farewell champagne with Pirkko, who leaves for Paris and then Finland tomorrow morning.
 The dots on the left, just above the bar roof, are military parachutists. Their plane is just out of sight to the left.
 Morning coffee in Pujuat.
 Cathy and I spent the morning in Avignon. First stop was the market at Les Halles - this is a small section of the cheeses.
 One end of the parking station.
 A very bandy tourist.
 Cathy heading for a church .......
 ..... and then wandering vaguely all about, quite of her own accord.

The sign, which may be hard to read, says "Avignon Bridge Club"

 Dans le rue des Artists. This whole area of Avignon was full of theatres and other arty stuff.
 I could tell a tall tale about this, but I won't.
 Meanwhile, the boys dressed in their France T shirts, waited at home for us. On Friday night, France plays Germany in the quarter-final of the World Cup, and everywhere you go, you can hear "Allez le bleus!"
 Preparing for another of Karl's magnificent dinners.
 Here it is - chicken with a tarragon sauce, beans, potatoes, zuchinni and roasted baby eggplants.
 Oskar facing the morning after. After two weeks of pain au chocolat for breakfast, he finally demanded cerial, albiet funny round French cereal.
 Erik was steadfast. When in Pujuat, ................
 Erik nearly came to a sticky end.
 Oskar waiting for the gatekeeper, to have a swim.
 It's not really cold.
An Oskar construction.



2 comments:

  1. I am sorry if I appeared to affect (effect?) indifference to the blog which just gets better and better but we have been away and I have been flat chat since we got back.

    Once again you are causing me to seeth with envy at the fun you are having as we all freeze to death over here. I suppose you're going to Val's now you poor souls and we'll see meals around the pool, rides and fun all round. Well, bah humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have news from home. It's freezing. Please post a picture of the sun so I can warm myself with memories and tears.

    ReplyDelete