Monday, June 25, 2012

June 24th

 Off to the West country to Val's (John's mother). This is just part of the welcoming dinner.

The village artist has an ongoing project, painting this jubilee gate. As we passed, he was including Black Caviar in the Queen's thoughts.

 Cathy and Claire .......
.... wandering through the village.

 This is John pretending that the weather is hot. Note the others' clothing.

 The wall beside the children is part of a jousting area that was used in 1200 AD

 Cathy next to a beautiful green lawn that turned out to be a deep pond with lawn-like green scum on top. The ducks are standing on about 1 sq metre of solid ground. They are decoy ducks.

To Dursley in the Cotswolds, to pick up Brenda, Val's mum. (I think she looks like Mrs Doubtfire)

In my hurry to leave London, I pulled on my sneakers and ran. Amazingly, I have another pair just like these, in London

 Lunch at the pub in Frampton on Severn.

After lunch, we walked along the green and saw .........

...... Frampton house

 .... and a village cricket match. The poms really are spoilt - the distance from the wicket to square leg boundary must be all of 15 metres.
Going home now.

3 comments:

  1. The trick is to take the larger view. If you include London in your universe, then I am not odd at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd of God to choose the Jews.

    I can hear the sound of the willow on the leather. When you hear baseball all you get is the plumber like clunk of ball on pipe.

    The sneaker item is too subtle for me. I agree with PP

    Was it a pav or a bread and butter pudding. A bit hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete