Thursday, July 11, 2013

A short but sad tale


We decided to go to La Collonades, a big hotel in Nyons, but as we were driving in, a huge rain and hail storm hit.

Armed with a totally inadequate umbrella, I helped Cathy, then Val, then Kath (a friend) out of the car. Peter had kindly loaned me his miniscule umbrella for the task, reserving a huge umbrella for himself.

Much to the joy of our group, and the consternation of the French present in the restaurant, I had to wear a (over) garment of Anne's while my sodden shirt was dried.
They couldn't work out if I was a Ghandi look-alike or an aged transvestite, but they had a lot of fun discussing the possibilities.

Lacking any other interest in the meal, I'll show you all some of the food we ate.
 

Dave and Claire listening to words of wisdom from a Ghandi-like sage.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: