Friday, June 21, 2013

Salzburg to Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Typical Bavarian sunlit upland pasture

Anne was so taken by this photo of Valentine, taken in the middle of Germany. The wonders of Geopgraphy

Her equanimity was soon disturbed by ......  a TUNNEL

... which, she complained, was curved....

... but as I pointed out, there was light at the end.

Your typical Bavarian Alp

This small castle passed us. (Actually, we passed it, but from a relativistic point of view, there is nothing wrong with my original statement)

A river of ice-melt. Couldn't resist the temptation to put my feet in it. It was COLD.

Cathy tried several fingers, and Anne took a photo.

Anne in Mittelwald, beside a small, obscured river (more your Bavarian drain, actually)

Cathy in Mittelwald beside - you guessed it - a menu.

Cathy won't explain to me why she took this photo.

Imagine being a house painter in Germany. Perhaps this is why Adolf changed jobs.

Your typical lazy Bavarian dog.

A light salad, Bavarian style

Cathy had  Kaiserschmarren for lunch.
 

Lederhosen sighting.

Dirndl sighting

Another Alp

Mowing the hotel lawn in shirt, tie and waistcoat (and 34 degrees)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anne, Kerry's with you tunnelwise. I'm just glad we're not going to Italy from France via the big one.

    I do NOT understand why people put their feet in cold water, I'd rather pour it on a good idea!

    I don't think I'm going to like the food. Do they serve the German equivalent of a croque monsieur/madame bitte?

    We saw painted buildings like that in Lyon.


    Have you bought my Lederosen yet? (only joking)

    The Dirndl girl would have done well in the 1930's

    It seems quite hot. You'll be looking forward to Provence.

    I have just got my Tour de France guide and am very excited.

    ReplyDelete