Friday, July 5, 2013

Le Tour Part 2

The neutral support car ......

.... and the official moto .....

... and one of about six helicopters.

Here they come!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Middle, left hand side of this photo shows the elbow of the maillot jaune
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Then the team support cars. That's Orica Green Edge on the left .....

... and then, as the blue van says, "fin de course"


Three hours of heat, wind and laboured conversations with a friendly French family, and then the peleton was gone in 60 seconds. We came home elated!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could wait, but now it's getting a bit more exciting!

    I can smell the grease paint and hear the roar of the crowd (the modest crowd that is)

    Why do the riders all look like Italian film stars. Why don't any of them look like me? Pot belly and skinny legs.

    Peter I suppose it has encouraged you for a fortnight's riding with Paul the Cyclist.

    I must now return to assisting in the administration of justice in the state of New South Wales.

    I will be back tomorrow impersonating Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, can you take over for me impersonating Ruth? It's getting tiring.

    Why do all the bike riders look like me?

    Excellent photos. Looks like a beautiful day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, watching the stage 6 replay now, in Campsie, Sydney! Loving your blog cousins! Fran

    ReplyDelete